The rights of our residents are at the forefront of Prince of Wales Nursing Home’s philosophy of care. We aim to apply these rights in all aspects of the Home and the services we provide. We will actively encourage our residents’ to exercise their rights.
Residents in the Prince of Wales Nursing Home shall have the right:
- To retain their personal dignity and independence irrespective of their severity of their physical or mental infirmity.
- To have their social, emotional, religious, cultural and political needs accepted and respected.
- To have skilled, sensitive and understanding care to enable them to achieve the highest possible quality of life.
- To have their personal privacy respected in all aspects, including entering bedrooms, toilets, bathrooms and following death.
- To be consulted about daily living arrangements in the home, and to participate in discussions about proposed changes to these arrangements.
- To be involved in, and be kept informed about, their individual assessment of need.
- To have a regular review of their individual circumstances, and to have the right to be present at any review meetings.
- To be involved in the development and implementation of their care plan.
- To be kept informed of all the services offered by the home.
- To choose their own Medical Practitioner and Dentist, and to consult them in private.
- To have access to specialist medical, nursing, dental, pharmaceutical, chiropody and therapeutic services and care from hospitals and community health services according to need.
- To have access to hearing and sight tests and appropriate aids, according to need and in every way to have access to those NHS services to which they are entitled.
- To manage their own personal affairs, including finances.
- Not to be moved without prior consultation.
- To have access to a formal complaints procedure.
- To be given the opportunity to vote in local and general elections.
- The only restrictions will be the legal and regulatory requirements necessary to protect the health and safety of residents, relatives, visitors and staff, and to ensure that the proper level of care is provided.